Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes

This Chicken tastes so good with the smokey chipotle flavor, it is a tad spicy but the sweet potato and the sour cream really help balance the chipotle so that it is not overpowering.  I am a wuss for spicy food and I could eat it just fine so that should tell you something.  I made this again tonight and added 3/4 tsp of chipotle instead of 1 tsp just to try it out and it was perfect for my girls to eat as well.  I think I'll be making it like that from now on so that we can all enjoy it.  I served it over some rice and it was YUMMY!



Servings:  4
Calories:  280

Chipotle Chicken with Sweet Potatoes

6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
10 oz. sliced mushrooms
1/2 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped in chunks
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 tsp. chipotle peppers (I have used both the dry spice and the canned and they both work)
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 cup fat free sour cream

1.  Place the chicken into the stoneware of your slow cooker.  Prepare the veggies and place on top of the chicken.  Pour in the broth and add the spices.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or 4 hours on high, or until the chicken has completely cooked and started to shred. 

2. Before serving, stir in the sour cream and heat on high for 30 minutes, or until hot. 

3.  Serve over brown rice (for extra calories).

No comments:

Post a Comment