Monday, August 16, 2010

HG Swingin' Sangria

As most of you know I love indulging in a good glass of wine or cocktail.  Initially when I started my weight loss journey that was one of the things that was the hardest for me to "give up".  As I've progressed I've learned that there is no need to give anything up but everything should be done in moderation.  Anyway, in order to not go completely overboard on my calories when trying to enjoy a cocktail I found some "skinny" drink recipes that are AWESOME!  This particular recipe is from the Hungry Girl

Servings:  10
Serving Size:  1 cup
Calories:  97
Fat:  <0.5g
Sodium:  12mg
Carbs:  10g
Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 6g
Protein:  0.5g

HG Swingin' Sangria

One 2-serving packet (about 1 teaspoon) sugar-free lemonade powdered drink mix (I used Crystal Light)
One 8-ounce can pineapple chunks packed in juice, not drained
2 cups sliced strawberries
1 orange, peeled, roughly chopped, seeds removed
1 peach or nectarine, roughly chopped
1 lime, sliced into rings
One 750-milliliter bottle pinot grigio
12 ounces diet lemon-lime soda

1.  Combine powdered drink mix with 8 ounces water in a glass and stir to dissolve.  Set aside. 

2.  Place all fruit in a large pitcher.  Add lemonade mixture, 8 additional ounces water, and pinot grigio.  Cover a refrigerate for at least 5 hours.  (Overnight is best.)

3.  Just prior to serving, stir in soda.  Pour and be sure to get a nice amount of fruit in each glass.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment