Thursday, August 12, 2010

Prarie Land Pot Roast

I'm going to start off posting recipes I've tried in the past to get a good stash going so initially I won't be putting pictures up with each recipe.  As I make recipes that I'm going to post about I'll try to take pictures to add to each new post, and I'll try to go back and edit old ones when I repeat recipes at home. 

This pot roast is taken from kraft foods website and adapted some to make it lighter.  It is a one pot meal and enough to feed your entire family and then some. 

Servings:  8 
Calories:  320
Fat:  3g
Sodium: 600 mg
Carb:  37g
Fiber:  4g
Sugars:  15g
Protien:  33g

Prep:  20 minutes  Cook Time:  2 hours 40 minutes

Prarie Land Pot Roast

1 boneless beef shoulder pot roast (2lb)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 bottle (8 oz) of Fat Free Kraft Catalina dressing, divided
2 large onions, sliced
2 lb. Yukon gold or all-purpose potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
Water

1.  Season both sides of roast with salt and pepper.  Brown meat in large heavy pot on high heat in 1/4 cup of the dressing, turning to brown all sides.  Add onions; stir to brown. 

2.  Add remaining dressing, potatoes, carrots and enough water to come three-fourths of the way up meat (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups).  Bring to boil; cover.  Reduce heat to low.  Simmer 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. 

3.  Remove meat from pan; slice meat thinly against the grain.  Serve meat and vegetables topped with pan gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment