Thursday, August 12, 2010

My simple dinner salad

This is what I like to call my basic simple dinner salad.  I usually have this at least once a week and it's so easy to throw together, it's light but yet is enough to make a meal out of.  I am going to post the recipe with chicken but I often substitute deli ham or turkey, lump crab meat, or other protein in place of the chicken depending what I have on hand or what sounds good. 

Serving:  1
Calories:  345

Simple Dinner Salad

2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
6-8 cherry tomatoes
3 mushrooms, sliced
1/4 bell pepper (any color)
handful alfalfa sprouts
1 Tbsp.  craisins
1 Tbsp.  honey roasted almond slices
1/8 avocado, cut in chunks
2 Tbsp. Fat Free dressing
1 Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast

1.  Wash and cut up veggies and mix together in a salad bowl.  Add sliced chicken breast, craisins and almonds.  Toss with dressing. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment