This strawberry dessert is so delicious it's hard to imagine it's not incredibly full of fat and a gazillion calories. It is such a nice treat especially for these hot summer days. This recipe was adapted from Kraft foods and tweaked a little to make it slightly lower in fat and calories but just as yummy as the original I promise.
Strawberry Whipped Sensation
4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1 can (14oz) Eagle Brand Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tub (8oz.) Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
8 Oreo Reduced Fat Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1. Shape foil onto outside of 8x4- inch loaf pan. Line inside of pan with shaped foil, with ends extending over sides of pan.
2. Mash 2 cups of the strawberries in large bowl. Stir in condensed milk and juice.
3. Stir 2 cups of the whipped topping into strawberry mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Finely chop cookies, what I like to do is place them in a freezer Ziploc bag and crush them with either a smooth meat mallet or a can, it's so much easier and faster than chopping. Combine cookies and butter. Spoon over whipped topping mixture in pan.
5. Cover cookie mixture with ends of foil and gently press cookie mixture into whipped topping mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
6. Invert dessert onto serving plate when ready to serve, remove pan and foil. Spread remaining whipped topping onto top and sides of dessert.
7. Slice remaining 2 cups strawberries; arrange on dessert. Store leftovers in the freezer.